How they suffer for their Art

Melissa writes:
"When I was in metal band, once we were talked into playing an outdoor festival show in the day time in the summer here in Arkansas. I was wearing my signature very punk/metal/goth glam, ultra skimpy outfit as usual. What I didn’t think about was how long I’d be on stage in the direct sun, and my absolutely victorian pale skin was burned to a crisp. The pain of the sunburn on all but the covered (maybe a foot and half square) area of my body wasn’t the worst part,though. It was that I was wearing fishnet stockings and the sunburn left a fishnet sunburn! It looked absolutely ridiculous, even after the red burn healed, the tan left behind was still in the fishnet pattern."

Ouch! Still, good to see that Goths (and yes, punk/metal counts here) can use the sun for scarification, saving themselves a fortune at tattoo parlours. Quick thinking, Gothette!

4 comments:

Arsenik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dracenea said...

Just came across this blog. It's wonderful! I think the fishnet tan is hot.

DQTVisual said...

Agreeing with Dracinea. I once dated a girl who got a fishnet tan accidentally. You would not believe how scorchtasticly hot it made her. it made for some... interesting nights.^_~

Jess Snell said...

I also had a fishnet burn (then tan) one summer after spending the day at a car show - more on the pinup end of things. It got a lot of comments from creepy men in the grocery store, so it must have lent me some sort of hot voodoo fishnet tan power.

Creative Commons License Goths in Hot Weather by Tom Lenham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. Based on a work at http://www.gothsinhotweather.com/. All other territories © Tom Lenham, all rights reserved.